Thank you for your interest in joining the team here at McBride Charles Ryan (MCR). We are currently advertising for the below positions in our team.
Architectural Assistant Position (AA-24)
MCR is seeking a full-time Architectural Assistant (also known as Student of Architecture). This role provides recent graduates of a Bachelor of Architecture the valuable experience of working in practice. The primary responsibilities of the role include office upkeep and administration, marketing, and assistance on project work.
In this role, you will gain skills in practice management, learn about the procurement process, and acquire experience working on projects at various stages of design and documentation. For those who excel in the role, greater opportunities for project work will be provided.
Previous architectural experience is not required for the role but some key attributes and technical skills are listed below.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Strong initiative and a logical intuition.
- Strong visual/graphic design skills.
- Great ability to work collaboratively.
- Competent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competent architectural/spatial design skills.
- Good understanding of basic construction principles.
- Eligible to work in Australia
- Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (essential)
- Rhinoceros 3D (essential)
- Autodesk Revit ( preferred)
- Rendering skills in Octane, Vray, Lumion or Enscape (preferred)
We welcome your response, outlining your skills, experience and thoughts about how your abilities can add value to MCR. Please email your CV, sample portfolio (PDF Max 8MB) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference AA-24 in the email subject line.
General Application (GA-24)
If you would like to apply for a different role than those listed above, please email your CV, portfolio (Max 8MB) and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote reference GA-24 in the email subject line.
We welcome your interest in MCR, and if a position becomes available we will be in touch to organise an interview.